For some couples who simply cannot agree on anything or even sit down at the same table to discuss their divorce, litigation may be the preferable option. If you and your spouse can work together, however, mediation can provide several advantages compared to going through traditional litigation.
At Wolfson & Bernazzani, PLLC, in Nashua, New Hampshire, our lawyers are experienced litigators who understand when avoiding court is in a couple's best interest. Attorney Xiorli Bernazzani is a trained mediator and a litigator, giving her strong insight into which setting will work best for you.
Minimize Stress And Financial Strain
Mediation stresses collaboration. In mediation, you will be able to sit down and work on an agreement that meets everyone's needs. By using mediation:
- You are in control of the final outcome, not a judge who does not understand your unique situation.
- You and your spouse will be better able to work together on parenting decisions; you may even remain friends.
- You will spare your children from a protracted, bitter court battle that may see them get caught up in the middle.
- You can complete a divorce in a few mediation sessions rather than waiting through months just to get on the court calendar. You do not even have to appear in court.
- You will save a great deal of money in attorney and court fees.
These are just a few differences between mediation and litigation. On the whole, we can say definitely that the majority of our clients who go through mediation are much more satisfied with the final outcome than clients who go through litigation. There is give and take, and you will likely not get everything you want, but we will help you reach a resolution that works.
Contact Wolfson & Bernazzani, PLLC, Today For Help
Our law firm offers free consultations at our office in Nashua. An experienced lawyer will sit down with you and answer your questions while helping you decide if mediation is a good fit. To schedule yours, call us today at 603-272-6008 or contact us online.